- On June 14, 2006 Father Rob and Ms. Pauline Cooper, Grant Writer for the Passionist Development Office in Union City, New Jersey attended the SHRAB Workshop sponsored by the New Jersey Historical Commission. It was held at Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Approximately 50 people attended the June 18, 2006 lecture by Father Rob at the Anthracite Coal Museum in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- On June 27-28, 2006 Father Rob gave four presentations on Passionist history to the three Passionist novices at the Passionist novitiate in Citrus Heights, California. On June 29, 2006 Father Rob made a visit to the Ricci Center at the University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California.
- On July 7, 2006 in Union City, New Jersey Father Rob attended the committee meeting for the Cause to Beatify Father Theodore Foley, C.P.
- On July 25, 2006 Father Rob was in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to give a talk on Passionist mission history to the Passionist Volunteers International who will be assigned to Honduras and Jamaica, West Indies.
- Father Rob has published two articles: “Resurrecting the Dead: Memorial Gravesites and Faith Stories of Twentieth-Century Catholic Missionaries and Laity in West Hunan, China in U.S. Catholic Historian 24 (Summer 2006): 19-37 and a book review of Parish Priest: Father Michael McGivney and American Catholicism by Douglas Brinkley and Julie M. Fenster. (New York: William Morrow, 2006) in American Cathiolic Studies 117 (Fall 2006): 75-76
- Father Rob attended the 22nd National Catholic China Conference, November 3-5, 2006 at Norwood, Georgia. The theme was “Experiencing Jesus Through Chinese Eyes.”
- During December 3-6, 2006, Father Rob accompanied other Passionist representatives to Passionist-sponsored ministry sites in Haiti.