Fr. Rob’s Recent Talks:
- July 12, 2009: Attended the closing liturgy of Passionist Ministries at St. Gabriel’s Spiritual Center, Shelter Island, NY; On July 29, had closing ritual service for staff members of St. Gabriel’s on their last day of employment; On September 19, returned to Shelter Island to gather and transfer all relevant historical documentation and religious artifacts to the province archives at Union City.
- September 8, 2009: Noon talk on China at the Senior Tea, Village Learning Place, 2521 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore, Maryland.
- September 18, 2009: Meeting of the New Jersey Catholic Historical Commission at Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey.
- September 26, 2009: Attended the memorial celebration for Father Thomas Berry, C.P. at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, New York City.
- October 1, 2009: Gave lecture “China Today-More than Tea and Olympics” at the University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania, sponsored by the History Department and Catholic Studies.
- October 2, 2009: Presided at two taped liturgies for Passionist Media in Scranton to be broadcast November 20 and 23, 2009.
- October 3, 2009: Spoke at the Passionist Mission Fulfillment Enrichment Day at St. Ann’s Monastery, Scranton on “The history of St. Ann’s Passionist Monastery and the St. Ann’s Novena.”
- October 8, 2009: Spoke at St Paul of the Cross Retreat Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on “The Catholic Church in China Today: How the Past Has Shaped Present Realities.”
- October 26, 2009: Mary A. Dooley Lecture Series “Let China Love You: Understanding China and the Catholic Church in China,” College of Our Lady of the Elms, Chicopee, Massachusetts.
- October 28, 2009: Lecture, “Eating from the Same Rice Bowl: Understanding the Catholic Church in China from the 20th Century to the Present Day,” Assumption College, Worcester, Massachusetts.
Fr. Rob’s Recent Publications:
- “‘We have been thrown into the Vicariate'”. Passionists in West Hunan: The Struggle to bring to life a Chinese Voice of Faith, 1922-1926.” Silent Force: Native Converts in the China Catholic Mission (Leuven Chinese Studies XX, Ferdinand Verbiest Institute, 2009): 389-408.
- “The Changing Passionist Image of China” The New Perspectives (Summer 2009): 3-5.
- “Murder, Memory and Inspiration in Hunan, China: Passionist Fathers Godfrey Holbein, Clement Seybold and Walter Coveyou, 1929 to 2009” The Passionists Compassion No 88 (Winter 2009): 3-7; and Passionist International Bulletin No 19 New Series (March/April 2009): 24-25.
- “Social Issues: Just Like Bamboo: 2009 Chinese Voices Speak” China Church Quarterly (Spring 2009): 5. Published by the United States Catholic China Bureau, Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey.
- “The 1965 Intersession Travel of Passionist Barnabas Ahern, Peritus at Vatican II” Josephinum Journal of Theology, Volume 16, No 1 (Winter/Spring 2009): 50-71.