Fr. Rob’s Recent Talks:
- November 14, 2009, gave two power point presentations: “The Catholic Church in China and “Everyday Life in China” to a meeting of the Passionist Partners at the Passionist’s Holy Name Retreat House, Houston, Texas.
- November 16, 2009, gave a power point presentation on “Understanding China Today” to six classes at Roma High School, Roma, Texas.
- March 27, 2010, Day of Recollection: Compassion in the Passionist Tradition, Bon Secours Spiritual Center, Marriottsville, Maryland.
- April 19 – 22, 2010, Presented paper: “The China Correspondent: A Catholic Magazine in Chongqing, China 1943-1944 and a Window into Catholic-Chinese Relations 1937-1945.” International Symposium in Commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of Matteo Ricci 1552-1610 Fu Jen Catholic University in Taipei, Taiwan.
- June 8, 2010, presentation on Passionist History to the 2010-2011 Passionist Volunteers International, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Five will go to Jamaica, West Indies. Six will go to Honduras.
- July 10 – 11, 2010, Passionist Overseas Mission appeal at St. Mary’s Parish, Mansfield, Massachusetts.
Fr. Rob’s Meetings:
- On December 9, 2009 attended a lecture by Father Gerald P. Fogarty, S.J. at The American Catholic History Research Center at the Catholic University of America and University Archives. Topic was on the 140th anniversary of the First Vatican Council and the digitization of the First Vatican Council Photograph Album.
- From January 6-11, 2010, meeting of the American Historical Association, San Diego, California.
- January 12, 2010 attended “A Reception in Honor of the Unveiling of the Legendary Matteo Ricci 1602 Impossible Black Tulip Map” Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- February 4, 2010, meeting of Passionist Volunteer International Selection Committee, Jamaica, New York.
- Attended February 5, 2010 wake and February 6, 2010, Mass of Christian Burial Liturgy for Father John W. Witek, S.J. Professor of History, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- February 25, 2010, Board Meeting of Archives of Religious Institutes, New York City, NY.
- March 13, 2010, Spring meeting of the American Catholic Historical Association at Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey.
- On April 30 to May 1, 2010 attended Board Meeting of the United States Catholic China Bureau held at Techny Towers, Techny, Illinois.
- Attended Passionist St. Paul of the Cross Province 48th Provincial Chapter meeting from May 10-13, 2010 in West Hartford, Connecticut.
- On June 25, 26, 2010, attended meeting of the Historical Society for 20th-Century China held at Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Fr. Rob’s Recent Publications:
- Book Review of Chinese Theological Education, 1979-2006. Edited by Marvin D. Hoff, Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2009. Review in International Bulletin (Vol 34. No. 1. January 2010):59-60.
- “Building Contemporary China’s Harmonious Society” China Church Quarterly. Issue 80 (Fall 2009), p. 7.
- “The Catholic Church in China 1900-1949” in Handbook of Christianity in China Volume Two: 1800- present. Edited by R.G. Tiedemann (Leiden, The Netherlands, 2010), pp. 516-525.