- Fr. Rob Carbonneau, CP – Book Review: God Aboveground: Catholic Church, Post-socialist State, and Transnative Processes of a Chinese Village. By Eriberto P. Lozada, Jr. Stanford U. Press. Catholic Historical Review Vol 89 (October 2003): 821-823.
- The Archives received 12 boxes of material belonging to Passionist Fathers Jerome McKenna and Kilian McGowan. Much of the material relates to their work in the Social Concerns Office.
- Please help find historical information on the life of Father Victor Koch, C.P. His relative, Gary Koch, is looking for any material that can document the ministry of Father Koch who lived in various United States Passionist monasteries before he went to help launch a Passionist German foundation in 1922. In 1945 Father Koch was stationed at Passionist monastery in Schwazenfeld, Germany United States military forces liberated the town in 1945. Read about this dramatic story at www.viktorkoch.com. You may contact Gary Koch directly. Both he and the Passionist archives wish to learn from you!!
- Dr. Joseph Tse-Hei LEE, who is associate professor of history at Pace University in New York and author of The Bible and the Gun: Christianity in South China, 1860-1900 (New York: Routledge, 2003), is currently collecting materials at the Passionist Archives on church-state relations in early 20th-century China.
- News from Holy Cross Seminary, Dunkirk, New York. William R. Parks, a student at the Passionist seminary in Dunkirk from 1952 to 1954 has notified the archives that he has put together an historical video about life at the former Passionist seminary which was on the shore of Lake Erie and closed its doors in 1968. An unabridged 2 hour version is available now. If anyone is interested in buying a copy for a minimal fee please contact us at the archives for details.