St. Michael’s Monastery, Union City, New Jersey
St. Michael’s Church was dedicated in 1875. The parish was merged with St. Joseph’s Parish in 1981. The property was sold in 1984. The Church itself now belongs to the Korean Presbyterian Church. Much of the land is currently being used as playing fields for the youth of Union City. The Monastery, which was destroyed by fire in 1994, was completely torn down in 1998. In that location, Union City has built housing which is a replica of the Monastery. The plans were made using blueprints found in the Archives.
- Centenary of the Passionists in America. 1952 Article
- St. Michael’s Church Centennial. 1975 Article